Current Featured Blog
SARAH LAURENCE: Sarah is an artist and a book junkie who grew up in NYC and now lives in Maine. She’s also a writer of YA fiction. Visit her wonderful blog to enjoy her writing and for hits of New England life–photos, watercolors, book reviews, and more.
*I am constantly adding new blogs, and as I feature a blog, I will add a short description of it. So click here often : )
Writing: Writer Blogs
- A Design So Vast: One woman’s journey to right here. Lindsey Mead’s writes about her struggles to be as present as she can in her life and with her two children.
- Annie Tells Stories
- Candle Fight
- Daily Field Notes: Cherry Willow’s place to write and remember, to (be) inspire(d), to ignite creativity in her life. Honest writing. Stunning photos.
- Daily Shorty: Claire Guyton is drafting a short story everyday for a year!
- Darrelyn Saloom
- Draft No. 4
- Jennifer Neri’s Blog
- Kim’s Craft Blog–Fiction, Memoir, Creative Writing
- LASUZA: Susana makes things: stories, theatre, pictures, collages, meals and sounds. Her posts are à la française and petite. Delightful.
- Christina Rosalie
- Oink and Away
- Out of My Mind
- paris (im)perfect
- Poetic Aperture
- Renee Thompson
- Rigmarole: Jodi Paloni reads and writes at Rigmarole, where she has just begun a 365-day challenge–every day in 2013 she will read and post a short review of a story that can be read online.
- Sarah Laurence Blog: Sarah is an artist and a book junkie who grew up in NYC and now lives in Maine. She’s also a writer of YA fiction. Visit her wonderful blog to enjoy her writing and for hits of New England life–photos, watercolors, book reviews, and more.
- Sarah Seltzer: Ramblings on writing, reading, radical feminism, & randomness. Sarah quotes Colette:”Writing only leads to more writing.” And reading Sarah’s blog will lead to more of everything.
- Sub Rosa
- Text Heavy
- The Word Cellar: Jenna McGuiggan is a writer, editor, storyteller, coach, and teacher. And on her blog you can sample a bit of all her skills. She writes with heart about what she believes in.
- thematically fickle: the blog of aaryn belfer, a freelance writer and photographer, who has opinions on just about everything.
- Tricia Sutton’s Blog
- What not to do as a writer
- When one line drops from the sky
Reading: Book Blogs
- Confessions of a Book Lush
- Evening All Afternoon: Emily Johnson writes the coolest reviews on a most intriguing assortment of books.
- Powells Review-a-day Blog
Life: Appreciation of Life Blogs
- Alphabet Rodeo
- Daily Routines
- Dwelling Here Now
- Michael Kimball Writes Your Life Story (on a postcard)
- Shameless Self Promoters
- The Family Trunk Project: Emily Johnson is designing one item of clothing for each member in her family tree.
- The Hysterical Mommy Network
And Everybody Needs a Little Poetry
And a Little Art
- Contrary’s Blog: has a mind of its own. It’s an independent being, engaging with the wide scope of ideas under the broad umbrella of arts and letters. Be contrary…
- Beyond the Margins: offers essays on the craft of writing and the business of publishing. Interviews with authors, editors and agents. Many of its contributors have taught at Grub Street.
Online Literary Journals
Author Blogs and Websites
- Abigail Thomas
- Adam Braver
- Alexander Chee
- Connie May Fowler
- Dani Shapiro
- David Jauss
- Diane Lefer
- Douglas Glover
- Hannah Tinti
- Michael Maren
- Pam Houston
- Paul Lisicky
- Robin Black
- Shaindel Beers
- Sheri Reynolds
Writing Workshops I’ve Attended
- Chattahoochee Valley Writers’ Conference
- Fine Arts Work Center in Provincetown
- Napa Valley Writers’ Conference
- New York State Summer Writers Workshop
- Tin House