Current Featured Blog
RIGMAROLE: Jodi Paloni reads and writes at Rigmarole, where she has just begun a 365-day challenge–every day in 2013 she will read and post a short review of a story that can be read online.
*I am constantly adding new blogs, and as I feature a blog, I will add a short description of it. So click here often : )
Writing: Writer Blogs
- A Design So Vast: One woman’s journey to right here. Lindsey Mead’s blog about her struggles to be as present as she can in her life and with her two children.
- Annie N Murphy: Through a Literary Lens
- Another Loose Sally: the Hunger Mountain Blog, anchored by Claire Guyton, about writers and writing-check in every Thursday for a new post!
- Behind the Words at BiblioBuffet: Lauren Roberts’ behind the scenes blog for the literary journal Bibliobuffet–Writing worth reading; Reading worth writing about.
- Bird in Hand
- Candle Fight
- Daily Field Notes: Cherry Willow’s place to write and remember, to (be) inspire(d), to ignite creativity in her life. Honest writing. Stunning photos.
- Daily Shorty: Claire Guyton is drafting a short story everyday for a year!
- Darrelyn Saloom
- Draft No. 4
- In This Light
- Jennifer Neri’s Blog
- Kim’s Craft Blog–Fiction, Memoir, Creative Writing
- LASUZA: Susana makes things: stories, theatre, pictures, collages, meals and sounds. Her posts are à la française and petite. Delightful.
- Christina Rosalie
- Oink and Away
- Out of My Mind
- paris (im)perfect
- Poetic Aperture
- Rigmarole: Jodi Paloni reads and writes at Rigmarole, where she has just begun a 365-day challenge–every day in 2013 she will read and post a short review of a story that can be read online.
- Sarah Laurence Blog
- Sarah Seltzer: Ramblings on writing, reading, radical feminism, & randomness. Sarah quotes Colette:”Writing only leads to more writing.” And reading Sarah’s blog will lead to more of everything.
- Sub Rosa
- The Word Cellar
- thematically fickle: the blog of aaryn belfer, a freelance writer and photographer, who has opinions on just about everything.
Tricia Sutton’s Blog
- What not to do as a writer
- When one line drops from the sky
- Yell Softly
Reading: Book Blogs
- Confessions of a Book Lush
- Evening All Afternoon: Emily Johnson writes the coolest reviews on a most intriguing assortment of books.
- Powells Review-a-day Blog
Life: Appreciation of Life Blogs
- Alphabet Rodeo
- Daily Routines
- Dwelling Here Now
- Michael Kimball Writes Your Life Story (on a postcard)
- Shameless Self Promoters
- The Family Trunk Project: Emily Johnson is designing one item of clothing for each member in her family tree.
- The Hysterical Mommy Network
And Everybody Needs a Little Poetry
And a Little Art
- Contrary’s Blog: has a mind of its own. It’s an independent being, engaging with the wide scope of ideas under the broad umbrella of arts and letters. Be contrary…
- Beyond the Margins: offers essays on the craft of writing and the business of publishing. Interviews with authors, editors and agents. Many of its contributors have taught at Grub Street.
Online Literary Journals
Author Blogs and Websites
- Abigail Thomas
- Adam Braver
- Alexander Chee
- Connie May Fowler
- Dani Shapiro
- David Jauss
- Diane Lefer
- Douglas Glover
- Hannah Tinti
- Michael Maren
- Pam Houston
- Paul Lisicky
- Robin Black
- Shaindel Beers
- Sheri Reynolds
Writing Workshops I’ve Attended
- Chattahoochee Valley Writers’ Conference
- Fine Arts Work Center in Provincetown
- Napa Valley Writers’ Conference
- New York State Summer Writers Workshop
- Tin House